Core Java Developer
Type of Job
September 10, 2020
About the job
The developer will be responsible for designing and customizing applications for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency within the bank. The developer will enhance existing applications that include services interacting with a custom in-house big data solution as well as a web UI. The ideal candidate has personality and the ability to communicate proactively within the immediate team of seven as well as technology teams up and down the stack and internal clients.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
• Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Strong knowledge of Java and J2EE development.
• Strong engineering mindset.
• Experience with delivering software adhering to mature DevOps software development practices.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.